Monday, August 17, 2009

View from my window

Many thanks to my delightful and helpful daughter Katie for posting the picture that is now my heading for me. This is the view that I look at daily. Sitting here at my computer, I am facing this view. However I look through the louvered glass panes, the screen, and the security bars. There is no good way to show you my view. So... on a sunny Saturday, I went down to the laundry room under my flat to look for a ladder. I found one and proceeded to set it up. Many thanks to my friend Susan, who was at the neighbors garden club meeting and called over to ask if I wanted her to hold the ladder. I needed that help. So the photo above was taken by me on the top of the ladder, holding my camera over my head, so that it would be at the height at which I sit and gaze. I am blessed to live in such a peaceful and lovely spot. I wake up and praise the Lord for His creation.

5 comments:

katie said...

I like it, I like it! You do live in a beautiful place, thanks for sharing.

akamilby said...

How fun to have an idea of what you look at every day. Thanks for sharing! You certainly have a view: that seems perfect for someone who always enjoyed her view at home too.

katie said...

My girly-girls want to know what your view looks like on your walk too and from school. (Just what you see everyday, but they called it a view since this post is about views.)

Anonymous said...

That story makes me laugh. And all this time I thought I was looking at a simple picture you took out your window...

-Michael

becky said...

way to persevere and take the picture! I've always wanted to see the great view you always talk about, I'm so glad you figured out a way to capture it. What a beautiful day!