Sunday, June 28, 2009

Vacation

We are on school break and it is time to get away for a bit. Since January 7th I have only been out of Ukarumpa for one day. I am adding a map to this post so that you can see where I am headed. My good friend Marilyn is now working in Kavieng on New Ireland. I will go to visit her. So, tomorrow morning good friends are driving me from Ukarumpa to Lae, 3 hours away, where I will catch a flight to Port Moresby. After an hour there, I will fly to Kavieng. I will be in Kavieng until July 7th and then fly back to Moresby and then up to Goroka in the Highlands. Goroka is only 1 1/2 hours away. Other friends will meet me there. We plan on spending the night in Goroka and then returning to Ukarumpa on the 8th of July. I am not taking my computer, so will be out of touch until I return. It has been cold here lately, so it will be quite a switch to be in the warm islands. Miss you all.

4 comments:

katie said...

I'm glad you're going! I like the map, too, so I know where you're talking about. Enjoy your time away, even when you're hauling water. I'll look forward to hearing more about it when you get back.

akamilby said...

Oh I hope you have a nice relaxing trip, and enjoy the change of scenery. We'll miss hearing from you while you're gone, but I hope you have a wonderful time, and we'll looking forward to hearing about it when you get back. Travelling mercies, and lots of love from all of us!

Alterton Scottish Terriers said...

Best wishes on your trip!
-Faith

Anonymous said...

Yay for the map! I looked you up on our online Sprint coverage tool at work, but there's no Sprint coverage in PNG so my cell phone wouldn't work there. It showed me a blank outline of the country, and I realized I didn't know where Ukarumpa was! In fact, I didn't have a good geographical grasp of most of the places in PNG you talk about. I've resolved to remedy this, and your little map is my first step. Miss you and love you,

Michael