Thursday, July 16, 2009

One Vacation Day

I was not staying at a resort and there was not much to do in Kavieng, but I did have one special day. Marilyn and I took a boat out to a resort for lunch. A lovely little boat ride. Even had rain in our faces on the way out.
Here we are walking out to the boat. Our driver is waiting for us after we had someone put in a call out to the island.

I got this shot of Marilyn on the way out, before we were hiding our faces from the rain.

Approaching the island. Would you like to stay here?

Here's where we will dock the boat!

A nice welcome sign. This bird never moved much. Must be there for the pictures.

How's this for a dog's life. This is where we sat and had our lunch. The dogs were really taking it easy. don't they look like Sammy, Jack?Becky, this picture is for you. Isn't this a great place to keep a turtle? He has his own boat.

Time to head back to the mainland.

4 comments:

katie said...

I like it! It's really beautiful there! I'm glad you got away from Ukarumpa and got a break.

Anonymous said...

That water looks really amazing! I love the colors! We'll have to go there sometime.

-Michael

akamilby said...

Did you go swimming at all? Because that water makes me want to swim. The turtle in the boat is too cute. Is he a pet, or food? The two dogs look hot! Thanks for posting--it's fun to get a visual of where you were.

becky said...

I think that is an awesome aquarium idea for the turtles. Maybe we should have thought of that when we were looking for a bigger tank for ours = ) The beauty and peacefulness of the island reminds me of when we visited Utila off the coast of Honduras. It certainly looks like you had a good relaxing time!