Saturday, June 27, 2009

Blessing

I mentioned my van on Facebook. It has been in the auto shop 3 times and I haven't even used the first tank of gas. The other day I got it out of the shop, then drove it to school and back. As I was turning at the top of the hill to come down and park by my place, I got stuck in the mud. I just left it and walked home. Two days later I saw Dr. Jeff as I walked home. He said to call him when I finished dinner and we would get the van out. I drank some juice and went out. We looked at the van and I said it is still too muddy, so just left it. An hour later, Dr. Jeff called and said he would be down in 5 minutes for the keys. He and another neighbor pulled it out in just a few minutes. What a blessing to be helped without even asking for help. And they were right, just because one day was sunny was no guarantee the next day would be sunny. With the van out of the mud I was even able to go to the market in the morning.
Here is a picture of the ruts left behind.
And here is my van parked where it belongs!

3 comments:

akamilby said...

That's a great picture of you and your van! Glad you got it out, and I'm glad you have such good friends surrounding you in PNG. We love you. Thanks for the post--it's so nice to get a little glimpse of your life.

katie said...

I didn't know you had a van! And just so you know, your life is not boring, it is made up of all the daily events that make up everyone's lives, only unique to you. I like knowing these little glimpses into your ordinary, which is not my ordinary, so that I can know you that much better.
And yay for good friends taking care of you when we're so far away.

becky said...

I like getting to see the picture of your van with you in it too! Having a visual gives me a better idea of what you are up to. Love you!