Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Moving

No, not my home, but my classroom. I have been teaching Kinder and this next school year I will be continuing on to first grade. So... that means changing rooms. The kinder room is long and lovely. It is also on the second floor. First grade is right next door, but down those stairs. As any teacher knows, I have accumulated lots of stuff. Which meant multiple trips up and down those stairs to cart it all next door. I mentioned this to a friend and she spoke to some boys on her way to school. They arrived eager to work. I got a call from school, "Mrs. Miller, there are some children here to help you." I came right over and in a short time, everything was moved. Now I still have to put it away, but it is in the right room. Many thanks to Joel, Jeremy, and Reuben, my eager workers.
Here you can see the kinder room upstairs with the first grade room next door.

2 comments:

akamilby said...

Oh I'm so glad you had help. Doesn't that make everything better?

katie said...

Moving is tough! At least you'll have your same kids next year and it's easier to teach once a relationship as been established, right?